Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Goulash? Yes, please!

Roots and Grubs mentioned Gulyas Alla Triestina today. "It’s beef stew with pancetta, red wine, lots of onions, and smoked paprika," he says. Sounds delicious -- all my favorite staple ingredients in one dish! I went hunting for a recipe and found both the recipe and a new blog to latch onto.

My problem is that, although I want to try this immediately, it's getting warmer again. Contrary to popular belief, there are seasons in LA -- warm and warmer-- and the heat of an oven isn't exactly welcome on most summer evenings. I'll have to keep an eye on the weather for an appropriately cool night to try this.

In the meantime, I'll be working on Mother's Day breakfast. I think I'll be doing whole grain cinnamon rolls that I can bring over on Saturday night to rise and then pop in the oven on Sunday morning. They're a great standby, but with so many options for potential breakfast pastries, they seems too obvious. Any suggestions?

1 Comments:

Blogger Chubby Hubby said...

Hi, glad you find my little site. Thanks for visiting.

I like the idea of freshly baked cinnamon rolls; not too sure I'm hot on the whole grain idea, but I tend towards unhealthy food anyway. My favorite baked good to wake up to the smell of has to be monkey bread, glazed with a sugary icing of course. ;-)

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home